Student Life: School-Wide Learning Expectations
An Our Lady's School Student is:
An Active Christian Who:
- Has knowledge of the basic tenets of the Catholic faith and of scripture.
- Serves the community with awareness of peace and justice issues.
- Participates in the sacraments, liturgies, para-liturgies, and prayer experiences.
- Interacts with the Parish priests and the Parish community.
An Effective Communicator Who:
- Actively and respectfully listens to the thoughts and ideas of others.
- Articulates courteously and confidently in daily speech, during classroom discussions, and in writing.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communication in writing in all subjects.
- Plays cooperatively displaying knowledge of rules, good sportsmanship, and conflict resolution skills.
A Life Long Learner Who:
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills across the curriculum.
- Actively participates in a variety of learning experiences.
- Expands knowledge through field trips and outside resources.
- Demonstrates competency in the basic skills in all subjects.
- Integrates previous knowledge into current learning.
- Grows in proficiency in the English language.
A Responsible And Globally Aware Citizen Who:
- Explores and celebrates various cultural, patriotic, and religious events across the curriculum.
- Demonstrates awareness of current events.
- Models positive relationships between all members of the learning community.