The parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe began as a mission of the Parish of Our Lady of the Angels in San Diego. As a result of the revolution, many Mexicans had crossed the border and settled in the southern part of the parish. The pastor then felt unable to assist the community and requested that a special mission be created for these people and the parish was founded in the border area.
Visit Our Lady of Guadalupe »
In August 1905, Rev. William Quinlan, of Los Angeles, was sent to San Diego to build the second church in the City of San Diego. The cornerstone of Our Lady of Angels Church was laid on July 19, 1906. The new parish, of less than forty families, held its first Mass on Christmas Day 1906, before pews and kneelers where installed.
Visit Our Lady of Angels »